Helpful Tips for when you are involved in a Road Traffic Accident
- Make a note of as many details of the accident as you can. Write down the date, time and location of the accident and, if it’s relevant, the weather conditions and what footwear you were wearing. Keep any damaged clothes or property to help support your claim.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all the witnesses to your accident and ask them if they would be able to help your case by describing what happened.
- If the police attended the scene of the accident, get details of the officer in charge, including the police station where he/she is based and a reference number.
- Make a note of who caused the accident (including their name, address and telephone number).
- If at all possible, get details of their insurance company as well.
- Take photographs of the accident scene. Sometimes it helps to have a date stamp showing on the photograph or stored, so it’s clear when the accident took place.
- Make a sketch plan of the accident scene.
- If you’ve suffered injuries, make sure you get medical help, whether this is visiting your GP or a local hospital. If you go to an accident and emergency department, get a reference number.
- Report the accident to your insurance company so that they have a record of the accident. This should be done regardless of where fault lies.
- Keep a detailed record and receipts of any travel or other costs you have to pay because of your accident.
Finding out if you are entitled to make a claim for an injury you suffered due to a road traffic accident is simple and fast. It all starts with a conversation. So call us for a confidential chat on 1890 252467 or tell us what happened so that we can best advise and guide you.
Make An Enquiry
Enter some details below to make a no obligation enquiry
This data will only be used by Accident Claims Direct for processing your query and for no other purpose.
What Our Client’s Say
“I would just like to say thanks for your help throughout my case. I found Accident Claims Direct really helpful; I was really satisfied with the settlement you reached for me. All staff was really nice, so easy to deal with and was a great help throughout the whole case. I would recommend Accident Claims Direct to my family and friends.”
“The service I received from Accident Claims Direct was excellent from start to finish. The settlement I received was in excess of what I expected. All the staff I dealt with were very Knowledgeable and easy to talk to; any issues I had were dealt with quickly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend Accident Claims Direct.”